This is thirty

I have frightened apart my fractals and the light you see is the sun shining through my hollow vacant places. At first it warmed me but then the secret dark inside life of me died burnt and exposed. I have come assunder. Think of the hardest dirtiest cracked heel and the crunch of old skin ripping. Think of blood thick, dark and dirty. Think of lumped sour milk. Think of green edged bacon and floating eggs. Think of every old shed in every paddock. Think of the Cumberland plains ripped and folded underneath concrete squares. Think of the full commuter train splitting the heat shimmer from concrete hell to outer isolation. Think of your teeth smashing into the metal rail on top of a bus seat. Think of everything that ever penetrated your skin. Think of me here alone in this room. My feet are dirty are hard, my navel stinks, my armpits stink, my vagina stinks. My head itches and my hair is dank. I have tried on the pink lipgloss and the blue eyeshadow and they are yet to save me from myself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Add a drop of lavender to your bath, and soon, you'll soak yourself calm.
DS said…
Why thank you kind stranger, if only I had a bath.
Gemnastics said…
Wow, I know how you feel.
DS said…
That's a shame. I kind of hope that nobody ever feels like that.