Tis the season for apologies

Elliot's latest long expected letter from rehab arrived today. He apologised for not apologising when I asked why he was being hostile over the phone. His letter included a hug. He drew a big set of arms with an arrow pointing to the middle labelled Insert Dale Here.

All very endearing but does not overcome the fact that he is eight hours drive away in rehab. He can draw as many sets of arms as he likes but I'm sitting here hug-free and dry. Oh cut the self pity Slamma. Enough.

I have had enough. If I must be alone then I at least want to be fabulous. Here begins a new phase in the life of Dale Slamma. I am single. I am thirty. I have a good job, a new computer. I have two, not one, but two degrees. I live in an amazing confusing no holds barred town and I intend to be fabulous. I'm sure its possible to be heartbroken and fabulous at the same time. I'm sure it is.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
You ARE fabulous! Hey check out your hit count - you're on fire!
DS said…
Why thank you very much. The hit count is both scary and weirdly gratifying, though I do have a sneaking suspicion that its all because of you and your excellent blog Gempires.
DS said…
Oh no spelling alert. Suspiscion is what I really meant.
Gemnastics said…
No you didn't. Ewe where write the furst thyme.
DS said…
Really? I'm gonna look it up in my trusty dictionary. Damn it Gempires! You're right again.

I'm going to start a list of things I am bad at:
1. spelling
2. grammar
3. not eating cheese
4. waiting waiting waiting
5. love
6. not looking at blog stuff whilst at work.
7. making good lunches to take to the office
8. Applying nail polish in a careful fashion.