I'll be back for the honey, and you

Spencer did a little gig tonight at an open mic night. I don't know what he was doing there, seeing as he's working on his third album but I'm sure as hell glad he decided to play. Stripped of his band and electric guitar his raw screaming talent was even more obvious, to me and the small band of friends.

I told him 'I'm only your friend cause you're such a talented bastard'. He looked me in the eye and said 'I had my doubts about you for a while'. I thought, shit. I thought I was joking, he thought he was joking but we touched on something there. The people I know and love the best are all talented bastards, the ones that aren't I drift away from, eventually. When their posturing turns out to be empty posing I lose interest in them as humans, is this because they are not exceptional or because they were pretending? This is one more thing I need to think about.

Comments