Seesee-a-gogo or The literary adventures of a trashbag or Hey you! Lick my cigarette

What's a trashbag? Me. For now anyway. Two nights in a row drunk to the point of zero gravity in the pouring rain. Drunk to the point of trying to get strangers to lick my cigarette and being puzzled by their refusals. I have strawberry flavoured rolling papers, an experience I was attempting to share. But not one man would lick my cigarette, very disappointing. Last night it seemed all the disappointments of Friday night were reversed. Despite the weather and the advanced state of inebriation I talked with countless strangers, mostly men, mostly writers, it seems they've all been hiding from me in sharehouses in Lewisham.

I had the unexpected pleasure of conversing for hours with a group of fabulously interesting and enterprising men. They are starting a magazine, an interesting magazine. Their idea is not unique and many have dared and failed before them but I feel it is so necessary for independent press to exist. They seem intelligent and committed and in a drunken moment of whimsy I decided to offer my assistance and my email address. This afternoon to my surprise their fearless leader emailed me information about the drunken happiness of happy meals eaten on the way home and further details of the project. It seems serendipity has been called into action.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The purpose of coffee with the Seesee man is not romance but literature and the possibility of me lending a little hand to the whole mad operation. This is indeed important to note.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes! you see, it HAS been worth it (actually, it would have beeen worth it just to amuse me).
DS said…
Always happy to provide amusement Z.
Anonymous said…
You're doing admirably.
NWJR said…
I haven't had my cigarette licked in a very long time.
DS said…
Well I wouldn't suggest trying strawberry flavour. Maybe something more tropical?
Anonymous said…
Dale,

It appears the results are starting to appear, the storminess of the weather somehow strangely appropriate to conducting this experiment.

:) Rups
DS said…
It lives