July with adjustments

I busted. I phoned Elliot, I bought a $5 zine (I am a Camera #11 by Vanessa Berry), I replied to an email from Rupert, I bought a packet of four AA batteries, I responded to comments left by men and may have left one or two comments on men's blogs. It stops here. I'm not giving in that easily. There's a lot of July left yet but I will adjust the rules slightly.

The initial rules had me reeling and I sank into a stupor of isolation and poverty, it was too close to times when I have really been isolated and destitute. I wasn't prepared for feeling as strongly as I did. It wasn't going to work, I wasn't able to properly report on the experiment because it felt like I was dying. So here are the new July rules:

-The blind film review schedule continues unchanged
- I can not initiate contact with men
- If contacted I can respond politely but not in depth
- I can not buy anything except food and necessary items such as things for my cat to eat, train tickets and cigarettes (I was going to stick in a photo of "Lovely fags" from Father Ted but I can't find one)
- I will make a consistent effort to strengthen my friendships with the many excellent women I know
- I am allowed to read but not leave comments on men's blogs
-I am allowed to respond to comments left by men on my blog
- Things are situation normal at the office, provided I get over this lurgy and work again
-If I die in my sleep please paint my nails before my funeral, pink would be nice

Comments

Tara Tartly said…
"I will make a consistent effort to strengthen my friendships with the many excellent women I know."

this, dale, is an excellent resolution. bravo for you, bravo for all of us...girlfriends rock!
DS said…
Yep, unless they suck.