O woe and misery and woe - joke joyce

Instant upwards thrusting. Oh yes. I've been thinking what finally slapped me out of my silly misery hole was the particularly cheery person who served me sorbet in Dolce & Gelato. Not only was she happy to point out the dairy free selection, which was large, she let me have half a scoop of one flavour and half a scoop of another. Two scoops is too many and I can never finish but I long for the tasty delight of more than one flavour. She even pointed out that it was more interesting and fun that way. Yes, I thought it is more fun this way. Chocolate and fig beats woeful misery-hat wearing any day.

I think I am in love with sorbet girl.

Comments

karen said…
I think sorbet girl may be in love with you too. She served me last night and, although friendly and cheerful, there were no offers of half scoops. I'm jealous.
Anonymous said…
A convert! I'm so happy for you.

It's good too, if you just have one flavour your mouth adjusts, like if you wear red tinted glasses. But if you have two you are always appreciating the chocolatiness of the chocolate and the figosity of the fig.

Much like occasionally biting someone when you're kissing them
DS said…
Karen: I hope she is in love with me, I might get a discount.

mckinley: The chocolate sorbet was extraordinary seeing as dairy free chocolate icecream type things are rare but the fig was nowhere near figgy enough. I need half a scoop from Gelatomassi and half a scoop from Dolce & Gelato. My life is very complicated.
Gemnastics said…
I am still yet to encounter fig sorbet. Frozen ice confection is not my weakness so I only occasionally indulge, and then only in summer, but your fig escapades are inspiring, and St Kilda has more than plenty of gelato places, and I can feel a mission coming on.
DS said…
You won't regret it. Things made from figs are the best things in the world. I highly recommend fig & almond flan, fig jam and general fig cakes.