The other things about last night or Regina synaesthesia

I stopped in at the Lansdowne to use the loo before catching a bus down City Rd to Newtown. When I got to Newtown there was a message on my phone saying 'You've been spotted at the Lansdowne come and say hello'. Why Spencer just didn't come up to me I'll never know but I was disappointed I missed out on seeing a friend or two. It was the wrong bus so I had to get off and hoof it back up King St then down Enmore Rd to get home. It was freezing and my weariness had turned the exercise into a sort of survival trek until I got to the Enmore Theatre. Pushing the through the crowd I was knocked briefly off course and caught a glimpse of the sign above the door, it said Regina Spektor. This woke me up and I developed a new plan. Not being able to spend money on an actual ticket I wandered up the road and ordered some pide.

Box of hot pide in hand I made my way back to the Enmore. Ordinarily you can stand across the road and hear everything in stereophonic sound but not last night. I took up a position a few metres from the security guards and leant against the wall my dinner steaming in its carboard box. Happily munching away I enjoyed the muffled honey of Regina Spektor's voice coming through the walls. It wasn't until someone opened the door that I realised just exactly what I was missing. The sound cushioned my existence and brought on a sort of synaesthesia with the expectation of a square of turkish delight in my pocket. Chased away by the cold I spent no more than ten minutes in rose flavoured heaven that's why my big coat is lined up on the floor with scarf, hat and gloves. I'm going back tonight with The Spatula, this time I'm taking a hot chocolate. I'm going to make my best life, for free.

Comments