People of Melbourne, get yourselves Sticky

I have never wanted to be in Melbourne more. My current obsession, Vanessa Berry, is having the Melbourne launch of her book Strawberry Hills Forever in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon. She is hosting a tea party and has been hunting out lovely teacups, taking them home and washing them nicely especially for the occasion.

So people of Melbourne go and get yourselves to Sticky on Friday afternoon at 5pm for sticky buns, laughter and the sound of teacups.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
How annoying to have missed them both.
ragingyoghurt said…
i was in sticky at 3.10pm, paying for zines at the counter as the counter kids discussed amongst themselves, "vanessa will be here at 4, and then tea at 5". but i had a picnic of hot chips to attend to, and couldn't stick around. i sat next to VB once at a child's birthday party, but i was too shy to make conversation. ch.
DS said…
Oh! I think I am going to start collecting VB stories. Why were you too shy?
ragingyoghurt said…
eh. just issues i have with being around cool people. i knew her from a copy of her shopping list zine (i heart shopping lists) and she was resplendently dressed. and of course it would have been SO easy just to say "hello! i love shopping lists"...
DS said…
Oh no! This is terrible for several reasons. Firstly you're pretty cool, secondly I'm not so bad and I hope if you ever see me you say hello and lastly, I have been collecting shopping lists for two years now! I have been saving them in a special box to do something immensely awesome with but don't yet have enough. Damn that VB!