Something happened

A review of sorts, NWJR said: Dale ("Dale Slamma"): I've never seen angst so honestly and consistently put forth on a blog before. Not that we could tell from your haircut. Your honesty is refreshingly unique.

I'm fairly certain that it was meant kindly and of course weirdly happy that somebody bothered to think about my blog at all but I'm flustered at the use of the word angst. Angst is something I associate with my thankfully distant teen years. I am of course happy to be called refreshingly unique but I must issue a small protest about the angst. It is more pondering than angst, I have a tendency to let fleeting abstract thoughts form into sentences, this happens quite automatically and very often I am zooming around laughing like a drain whilst forming sentences of doom. Often, but not always. Maybe it is angst. Maybe I failed to grow up. Maybe I just failed. There see, that sounds like angst but I can assure you it wasn't, I just thought it scanned nicely. Oh what's the use, I sound like a professor of protestology. The truth of the matter might just be that I am pathologically honest. Just walking around all see through with every thought popping out of my head like a mad popcorn machine, this might be why I failed to thrive in a corporate environment. Now I really am just rambling. Well, ha! I am The Captain of This Blog and I say rambling is allowed.

Comments

NWJR said…
Perhaps "angst" was the wrong word, but it was meant in the kindest of ways, nonetheless.
NWJR said…
"Professors of Protestology" would be a good name for a band.
DS said…
Maybe a Prog Rock band? I'm thinking Yes covers?