Black blogdom

I was happily a checking out the blogs when....

"Some of the writers seem like nice people - but there a 2 who I really dislike. They constantly bitch and moan about their lives and analyse the fuck outta everything. I like to refer to their blogs as "Black Blogs".

These writers of Black Blogs, the ones who spew all this self-analytical, self indulgent dribble somehow manage to remind me how lucky I am - and how good things are for me."

and then

"I am constantly amazed at how the
Black Blog writers manage to suck the positive out of everything and regurgitate it, in the form of negative, toxic rants." (clickity click to zoom there to the one I have started thinking of as Iago to read the whole post, if I haven't ruined your eternal soul already and left without the energy to click the mouse).

Bloody hell! I thought, bloody hell. Who's poor blogs is she talking about and then I saw her links, its not very long and I'm on it. Oh dear. I don't know why I am giving a shit, should only be worthy of my casual disinterest. Maybe because I am stupidly childless and single (ooops forgot to get married and have a family how did I let that happen?) and I have all sorts of luxury time during which I can drain the souls of hapless others with my toxic ranting. Bubble bubble toil and trouble, fire burn in the blogdom bubble.

In honour of being dubbed a black blog I will be temporarily happy pink! HAPPY PINK.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
On the other hand, I will remain stoically black and proud, sucking the marrow from the lives of the happily married with children, and I will pity this woman her uninteresting life (but oh so full of blissful responsibility). If I had nothing to write about except other bloggers, I'd be depressed enough to try to put them down too!
NWJR said…
Pink is the new black!

Does this colour make my blog's butt look big?
Anonymous said…
There are 80 million active Blogs on the Internet, she has a long and winding road ahead of her.

Rups ;)
Anonymous said…
Blimey, I felt a body-tingling rush of anger when reading her blog, on behalf of you and Gem (is she perpetrator number 2, do you believe?).

Does she seriously need to read self-hating "black blogs" to make herself feel good? Issues...
DS said…
Gemma: Yes. Everything you said times two.

NWJR: I've changed back to black, the pink was sick making! and yes my butt did look big in it.

Rupert: Should keep her busy for a bit.

Creamboy: I reckon that Gemma is indeed the other black blogger referred to. I can't believe that woman had the hide to say those things about being single and childless.
Gemnastics said…
dale and i are definitely the black widows here.
Anonymous said…
got any blaaackerrrr?

wake up to yourself oh lady of lilac.. happy happy joy joy lollipops and loveliness... i tried to go to some of those positive personal development type reprogramming days.. and the facts are.. no-one is EVER 100% happy... if we all decided we were totally happy with everything the world would stop. There goes progress. It ebbs and flows. The dynamic of nature is so that u need the negative to have the positive.

Sure, comment on how much of a sad sack Dale can be in a moment of ebb as opposed to flow, but to suggest that single childless women are in some way less responsible, and in some way made the CHOICE or are the total cause of not having their lives drop into place according to the conservative belief of "what is the correct thing for a lady to do to have joy in her life" is offensive.

If she really is a regular reader she would see that optimism and wonderment of the world around does exist in these prose impressed on a background of black that sometimes hurts my eyes but manages to warm my soul on many occasions.
Gemnastics said…
yes, if she is so optimistic and positive why is she blind to our ecstatic joyful posts?
DS said…
Maybe she's depressed?
cath said…
It's all those pastels on her blog.