Damn him

Almost immediately after I pressed publish post on the last post the internet went down and the phone rang. It was Elliot phoning 'illegally' from the rehab to make sure I was ok, to demonstrate his ability to hug down the phone, to say all the right things. How is it possible that I have let him become so ingrained that every second thought is of him? This is going from shit to fuck in a hurry. I need a new solution. I need a Dale distraction. I need to be the Captain of how I feel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I usually find that a book that adequately reflects my head space gives some handy perspectives - even better one that pampers your head where it wants to be.

:) Rups
Anonymous said…
people that you're into do this to you. You really want to step away and find a new path, but they keep appearing from the side streets that you pass. And when that happens, you focus on all that was good in your memory, and all that you wish would happen.
Good luck finding a dale distraction.
Anonymous said…
I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to go outside the front of my house and send you a smile right now... there. Done.
DS said…
Thank you. Sometimes a smile is all.
Anonymous said…
maybe there could be something good in here for you - these guys are the ones affiliated with my work - http://www.thehappinessinstitute.com/freeproducts/default.aspx

i do believe this is an eternal mission u are on and to be the captain of yr emotion is one of the challenges that humans have been sent on this earth to conquer. No other animal on the planet really has the awareness of that opportunity to control their feelings and essentially their actions and reactions that create the ripple effects.

How we harness the power of that is such an art in itself - let alone managing to live a life in the hustle and bustle of all else that goes on around xxx