I knew I'd come in handy one day

I have had an idea. Cath left this comment on my post On her first birthday I slipped back in time:
That really was beautiful stuff Dale. If only every family had you to chronicle the arrival of their little ones!

Ding! I have an idea. Did I really just say ding? Yes, appears that I did.

Writer for hire:

Buy yourself and your loved ones a unique gift. Have a writer record in elegant (cough) prose your poignant moments. First kiss, first fuck, break ups, divorce, births, deaths and marriages. No event too weird or small. Simply pop me in a corner with a nice cup of tea and a pink cupcake and off I go with my pen and notepad turning your transitory moment into something lasting and special.

Don't have any loved ones? Well how about I turn your pain into gain? Crucial moments with an ex, encounters with personal enemies, getting fired, waking up in the gutter, finding out the person you love hates your guts? No moment too sordid, desperate or weird.

Call D is for Dale to have your personal writer shadow you today.

Comments

Dahlia said…
Why did I have weird flashback to the movei Beetlejuice when I read this post.
DS said…
Gaaah! I knew I shouldn't have worn this stripy suit and posted from a graveyard. I knew it.
Gemnastics said…
that is a fabulous idea. could i be your PA?
DS said…
Yes! Be my PA! Start now! We could go into business together taking turns at being the on site writer. What should we call the business? So far I have only thought the word flamingo.
cath said…
Hey, if it was good enough for Chaucer...:-) Seriously, I think there's actually some (vague) possibility here for disgusting capitalist rewards! Might be tad exhausting though,-emoting for other people. Bet you get asked for some female 'Cyrano' action.
Maybe we should set you up with some trial run scenarios?:-)
DS said…
I feel an experiment coming on.
Gemnastics said…
how about Black Spinster Productions? doesn't sound too appealing, does it. i suppose it ought to sound comforting or reassuring.
DS said…
What about Black Flamingo Productions?
Gemnastics said…
that could work.