Recommended by Madam Squeeze

Are good things such as bad robot dancing in a goth club, Gary Numan and spicy beef wonton noodle soup. Everybody knows that Thursday is Happy Chef day. Oh yes it was a good day.

Things I recommend listening to Madam Squeeze and her amazing accordion next time you walk down King St. I also like to hug her while she wearing her accordion because of the joyful noise it makes but I only do this because she is my friend.

Walking up to Newtown from the office in the fading light I was headed straight into the clear twilight blue that arched into indigo. Sometimes all that you need is your own steady footsteps and rhythm of your heart.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
oh happy, happy chef. next time i come to sydney you and i are going to happy chef.
Anonymous said…
It's not gay so long as I'm wearing an accordion...

Spicy beef wonton soup is like a big bowl of hot sex and hugs and bad robot dancing. Yes yes.
DS said…
I added the bit about only hugging because of friends because I did not want to encourage strangers to walk on up and start hugging without permission because that might make me into some sort of pimp and I really don't have the right sort of shoes for that.
Tara Tartly said…
once at a goth club, my brother broke out into robot dancing AND the dolphin, while "bela lugosi is dead" was being pumped out over the stereo, and everyone else stood watching, morosely. (i jumped up and down, though, cheering wildly...if also a bit drunkenly).
DS said…
That sounds brilliant.