There's no water!

And I'm not talking about the drought. Grizelda suddenly found herself mid-shower with a head full of shampoo and no way of washing it out. Our landlord had suddenly found it necessary to turn the water off for some reason or other without telling us first, right in the middle of everyone getting ready to go to work. The house is in considerable uproar and I have to confess that I am rather enjoying it. I like a bit of uproar now and then but I am of course terribly glad that I am not the one with the shampoo in my hair.

Actually being stuck with soapy nether regions is a bit of a fear of mine. If I was to lose water in a showering situation I would prefer it to be right at the beginning well before any kind of soap makes an appearance. But back to my own particular problem, I am still suffering from blastoma voodooitis of the mid regions and very much feel that a fully operational toilet would be a handy thing to have. There's the no water situation to be dealt with and the office to be dressed for, there's no point in staying here if there's no water no matter how bad the voodooitis. If only I had had some notice I could have filled the bath with water to flush the toilet with and wash the cat in an emergency cat-washing situation. Oh well, better get on with it.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
You are responsible for an 11:15am office guffaw, which attracted the notice of my fellow data entry colleague who shot me a look, and then upon noticing I was reading something went back to her yoghurt.
Tara Tartly said…
oh, dale...let's do hope you all have water by the morning. things could become rather unpleasant otherwise.
DS said…
Woo hoo office guffaw! Hope you had a super day.

I am so glad there is water now! Imagine if I had to go to sleep with a head full of dye! Bad. Very bad.
Anonymous said…
I had to laugh. I remember a conference I was at where the power went in the hotel during breakfast. The water relied on power, and many others in the conference group arrived at morning session looking peeved at missing a clean, and two had very flat, conditioner laden hair.

Bit poor that your landlord didn't warn you tho...