Wow!

I was just undressing for bed when I realised I might be a bit cold, that's where the wow comes in. How great are pyjamas! It is possible that I may have been smoking something. This might have lead me to believe that taking alternative bites of coconut cake and toast with salami was as close to heaven as you're going to get.

The evening began with a ritual stroll to Guzman Y Gomez but took on a variation when The Spatula and Grizelda took me to a cocktail bar. I am in love with a drink. This must remain top secret. The whole drink was divine from bottom to top, everything about it was perfect including my deft picking up of maraschino cherries, chopstick style, using two straws. The drink was potent enough for me to part with fifty dollars at the record shop and leave smiling despite this being a very stupid thing to do. I didn't even mind when The Spatula and Grizelda barred me from the sorbet shop and then the cafe. I happily walked all the way home without looking at anything, standing on any street corners imagining dead poets or even bothering to look about me or think about things in any way at all. I didn't even eat one thing made from figs.

The Spatula took me for a drive to pick something up from someone and I ended up sitting at the most enormous kitchen table I've ever seen drinking seriously good red wine, smoking some things whilst dipping bread in oil and trying very hard to take seriously the people telling me that the government puts fluoride in the water to sedate the population. You never know what's going to happen next when you walk up the street in Newtown, I'm still trying to work out if this is a good thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fluoride sedating people? Interesting, but never heard of fluoride poisoning doing that. It can weaken bones, however, if taken in excess.

The best fluoride conspiracy theory I heard was that fluoride is being added to the water because other ways of getting rid of industry fluoride byproducts are too expensive.

The next time someone says that fluoride is sedating the population, ask them if that's why Queenslanders are so rowdy.
Tara Tartly said…
oh, pjs...i am in love w/ snuggly pjs.