Boring

Just how boring can I get? Let's find out.

I will periodically update this post during the day as boring things pop into my head, I will do this in list form because that is a boring way to present things.
  • I might have another coffee. There is probably some in the plunger in the kitchen. I can reheat it in the microwave. I should try and work out the precise amount of seconds that it takes for the coffee to heat up and the handle to rotate back round to the front of the microwave. My Dad has worked this out for making hot chocolate in his microwave, he was very pleased when he was able to adjust the time slightly to make the handle appear at the most convenient angle. He was understandably upset when he had to buy a new microwave and all of his previous calculations went out the window.
  • There was no coffee left in the plunger. I managed to pour one third of a mouthful into my cup. I drank this cold. I ate four Iced Vovos in a row whilst reading the list of ingredients. The list is printed in a very tiny font and as I wasn't wearing my glasses I had finished four of them before I worked out that vegans can't eat Iced Vovos. This is a crime against my humanity.
  • Did you know that an international treaty such as the Human Rights convention thing has to be made into legislation within Australia or it is basically not enforceable. Oh and the USA is not a signatory to the Human Rights Convention. Article 14 is an interesting one and plays a role in how evidence in sexual assault cases are heard in Australia, well there was hefty debate about how the alleged victim is cross-examined based on this Article.
  • I like to say 'dessicated coconut' sometimes.
  • Max Keith, the head of the German Coca-Cola company during the Nazi years was not a Nazi. He refused to join the Nazi party. He invented Fanta. Conclusion. Fanta was not invented by Nazis.
  • I bought 1 panini, 1 mushroom, 1 avocado, 1 tomato. It was $3.40. The same price as a return off-peak train ticket from my house to the office. I did not use all of the ingredients to make my lunch. There is enough for tomorrow but on Wednesday there won't be any more mushroom. The bread roll was $1 but it was a superior bread roll.
  • I am wondering if milkbar is one word 'milkbar' or two 'milk bar'. I had thought it was one word but there is an article in wikipedia I am interested in that uses the two word version.
  • I am chewing two squares of chocolate at once.
  • My neck is stiff.
  • My left shoe is looser than my right shoe.
  • I am going to attempt to make a cup of coffee. This takes some time as the people in my office don't believe in instant coffee so if I want a coffee I have to go to all the bother of washing the plunger, boiling the kettle, measuring out the coffee blah etc. Whenever I push down on the plunger coffee shoots out and goes up the wall. It does not matter how I do it this is always the result.
  • I have added cupcake as an interest on my profile. There are 576 bloggers that list cupcake as an interest. I am surprised by this number.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That might be so, but I bet Max Keith had Nazis working for him. Which is probably why cheese was trialled as an ingredient in Fanta...
DS said…
What is the connection between cheese and Nazis?

I'm thinking that cheese was used because cheese is delicious in almost all forms so why not in fizzy drink form? Max Keith was clearly a man not afraid to experiment.
TimT said…
- I just ate a biscuit.

- I have a slight pain in my left arm, but not in my right arm. This is probably due to the fact that I am leaning on my left arm while typing this.

- I am a little thirsty.

- I like lists.

- I have just eaten another biscuit and now I will go and get myself a glass of water to assauge my thirst.
DS said…
I am also leaning on my left arm whilst typing causing a slight pain.

I like filling in forms.

I hope you are getting into the spirit of boring and not being mean.
NWJR said…
i am interested in cupcakes but this is possibly because i am drunk and ccupcakes go well with 7 and sevens which is waht Ive been drinking.

then again mabe not.
DS said…
What is 7 and sevens?
Gemnastics said…
see, this is all terribly interesting - never be afraid to document the ostensibly boring aspects of life, as they are almost always interesting to people like me, who like details, and who like dale.

your dad's hot chocolate plan made me laugh out loud. he sounds very virgo. if he is not a virgo then he has some in his chart, somewhere meaningful. i had great feelings of triumph when you said he got it right, and was appropriately devastated when the new microwave came along.