I nearly forgot

This weekend I have started the stupid two weeks as a vegan experiment. I have made several mistakes already. I will list them but don't panic NWJR I am not about to turn this blog into something weird and food-based. I am not a food writer. Here are the things I accidentally ate:

  1. Milo. I did not realise milo had milk powder in it until after I had already had one mug.
  2. Nutino. A superior hazelnut spread. I did not eat any but I often picked up the jar and a spoon and held them for a moment.
  3. Cold sausage. It was not until I had taken a bite out of the cold sausage and was happily chewing and swallowing thinking to myself that cold sausages in the fridge are indeed a blessing upon this house when I remembered that I was not supposed to be eating it. I put the rest of the sausage back in the fridge.
  4. Putty. The Spatula offered me a slice of grey putty substance that she swears is meant to be food. It is a vegetable sausagey thing. It was a mistake to eat something that looks, tastes and has the texture of half dried putty. I don't care what its made of I'm not eating any more of it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Remember, anything that is white and comes from a plant is a poison.
And anyone who says otherwise has had their brain poisoned by lettuce-opium.
DS said…
Lettuce-opium? Sounds fabulous.

Update:
I had Nutino on toast for breakfast because I once again forgot that I am a temporary vegan. It is hard to remember anything other than to put clothes on and head in the general direction of the office in the mornings.

I am eating vegan chocolate right now. It is very tasty and just like real dark chocolate. I might be obliged to live off this for the whole two weeks.
Anonymous said…
Yes! I love vegan chocolate. I got some from the organic food shop in The Riff mall and I wolfed it down faster than you can say 'stinky hippy vegan'.
Gemnastics said…
perhaps the putty substance was tempura? it bears a resemblance to novelty vomit. even i, a vegetarian, will not eat it. it also could have been some of that meat-substitute loaf that comes in a box either frozen or in the vicinity of the veggie sausages.

there is some really nice flavoured tofu you should try - in the tofu section of course - though you might need to check for rogue fish sauce or shrimp extract etc in the ingredients.