I rearrangement servant

I swapped the positions of desk 1 and desk 2 in my room and this prompted a burst of wishing to sort things out. I opened the giant floor to ceiling cupboard that runs the length of my bedroom with a view to once and for all discovering what is actually in there. This lasted about three seconds. I closed the door and went and had a nice cup of tea and a little sit down. I didn't used to be the kind of person that does not know what is in their cupboards. I must be feeling better or getting over things or some other equally boring cliche because I have been thinking about the cupboards a lot.

The story is that when my ex (let's not name him and make it necessary to put a little label to say this post is about him) went mental and left screaming into the night never to return I pretty much sat down on the carpet and sobbed. I occasionally stood up to go and vomit in the toilet or feed the cat but mostly it was lying on the floor trying to stop sobbing long enough to take a breath every second minute or so. It was not ideal. During this time of sobbing I somehow, don't ask me how because I don't remember, managed to find a new house to move to, buy a car, keep my job and try to prevent Elliot from drinking himself to death and I do mean literally. I had my fingers poised to dial for an ambulance for approximately two months. This is before he went to rehab and became sober. Der. Anyway I'll get to crux of it soon.

After my landlord told me I had to move, three weeks after the screaming into the night incident, and I had found a new house I failed to be able to pack and move. I was moving from a four bedroom, three bathroom, several lounge room, dining rooms, double garage two linen cupboards, one in each hallway etc house into a sharehouse in the city where I would be the proud inhabitant of one bedroom. I chose to tackle this problem by moving my sobbing from the floor to the bed.

My friend Boli is the Captain of Amazing. He drove two hours out to my house after working all day in the city, he would bring dinner, he would stay up until two or three packing my things, getting rid of all the excess furniture, explaining how to hire a truck and other useful things. He did this until the whole house was empty. He bossed around all my friends and made them put things on the truck then drive two hours into city and take things off the truck and put them in my cupboard. This is why I have no idea of what might be in my cupboard. This was quite boring. Better luck next time. Maybe I'll have something more interesting to say than I don't know what is in my cupboards.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Boli might be Captain of Amazing, but he certainly isn't Captain of Checking Oil in Cars. Alas, the saga of the engine swap continues, as does my use of the word "feck", having spent much time with the crazed Irishman...
I don't look in our cupboards. Everything I need is on the floor.
DS said…
The floor is a handy way to keep objects visible but I find it also a breaky place to keep things. Last year I trod on my lovely laptop that I had had for seven years. It was blue and had a handle, you can't ask for much more than that.
Gemnastics said…
i found it fascinating actually. what a champion your boli is. i have been in need of a boli. i think we could all use a boli of our own.
DS said…
Boli is fabulously wonderfully lovely and also goofy and a great wearer of old man hats. It is interesting to note that he has a twin brother that is not at all fabulous in any way, he is the anti-Boli.
Anonymous said…
A breaky place to keep things...

Your choice of words made me laugh out loud, something I rarely do when reading on the computer. Today (3rd Sept) is now Happy Laugh Day.
Anonymous said…
Boli also looks good in a Fez which is a feat that no-one else i know has achieved
DS said…
Creamboy: I will mark it on my calendar

R&R: Not even the munchkin?