With cat like tread

Driving home I brushed away the scattered wide eyed escape hatch feeling and settled in to concentrate on not killing people on the freeway. An illicit hamburger, three cigarettes and much city traffic later I was five minutes from home and my phone miraculously rang. I thought the battery was dead, thought the battery had been dead for a whole day when it rang.

Artboy phoned like a tsunami. I told him I was driving and the phone died again. He called again when I got home. He wants to talk. He wants to meet up and talk. He thinks it will make things easier, make things better. I said what things, I said what do you hope to achieve, I said I need a frame of reference when thinking about whether or not I will agree to this.

I don't know what to do. Last night was the first night in two weeks that I didn't dream terrible nightmares about him. Driving east with my clean washing folded and piled on the back seat I was thinking this is alright, I'm heading home to The Peach where I have nested, thinking finally I am one of those people who notices the silence and the dark when I leave the city. Finally I am one of those people that knows for certain that where I am is where I want to be.

Comments