Right into the fucking GPO

It doesn't matter where I live its always western fucking sydney. Right now its the inner west but that's west alright. Not even last night's salt breeze is enough to shift cardinal points. I was talking Robert through my strange list of connectedness and he shook his head and said "Oh that's just the inner west". He said that aren't that many of us who live here and love it but how can that be true?

Almost every hearbeat I am grateful to be living here. From the graceful arc of the Anzac Bridge out my kitchen window to the crazy shoving of King St, I love it. How could anyone not love this? How could there only be this small village of people who know people? There are so many people here. A year after moving to the city I am still astonished by the sheer mass of us all.

Every corner holds an opportunity and there's one corner in particular that I've got my eye on the corner of City Rd and Cleveland St. I'm harbouring a strong desire to take ballet classes. Now if you actually know me this is a good time to get your laughing over and done with. Graceful I am not. I can't dance, I can't even walk in an elegant manner but I am quite determined. Just don't expect to rock up in a tutu.

Comments

karen said…
Alot of Sydneysiders are obsessed with the beach, or just don't like the idea of knowingly living amongst homosexuals and drug users and Africans. I say bring it on!
DS said…
Oh yes. Bring it.