All in a dream

Waking from a dream sobbing I trapped my left leg inside the doona cover and was unable to move, this was not an ideal way to start the day. It was Artboy flashing forward into false memory and I woke saying out loud " I want to go home". I stared around the room, temporarily trapped and saw all my horrible possessions arranged as if on purpose. This is when I realised that I was home, my new home. Already the perfect sensation of slate underfoot and the changing air in the long hallway of the old house is fading. The longing is not.

I will make the best of this day. Yesterday's paper has the weekend supplements, this is good, I have coffee, this is good, I have cake for breakfast, also good. I am accompanying Grizelda on a shopping trip in the city this afternoon. I have never been to the city the weekend before Christmas. I am looking forward to laying down thinking and concentrating on navigating through crowds. I would like to see the David Jones Christmas decorations. I will make a list of good things about my new life in The Peach:
1. Convenient for looking at the David Jones Christmas decorations.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I miss the blow-up-doll choir girls that were in that shop window near DJ's last year. Their frozen moment mid Christmas carol reverted so quickly to that of bucks parties and unlikely Big Day Out crowd surfers.
I feel kind of sorry for them, but then again they probably got more sex once they were removed...
DS said…
Did they have Santa hats or reindeer ears?