I should have said "no deal" because Gemma called me 'one of them' but I'm not one of them I just happen to own two pairs of shoes with stupid heels


Here's the deal, if Grizelda came to a poetry night with me then I would buy heels. It was a stupid deal but secretly I thought that the excuses would keep on coming and Grizelda would never set foot anywhere near such a thing as a poetry night but I was very wrong indeed. Last week I announced that on my birthday I would be attending Soiree Poetique at 72 Erskine. The Spatula and Grizelda both decided to accompany me as it was my birthday. Now I have heels, two pairs, shoes and boots.

Comments

Gemnastics said…
it is a personal thing, not at all something against your particular heels. i despise pointy shoes, and i despise shoes with heels. the former is because i require large shoes to balance myself out, otherwise i look ridiculous, like i have hooves. the latter is because they are impractical and, to me, aesthetically displeasing. many many people of both genders disagree. so you go girl - ignore me. if you didn't you'd be a vegetarian lizard. i am.
Shelley said…
Lizard?

Red shoes are always good. Better you than me walking in those ones though.
DS said…
Lizard?

Oh lord I've gone and bought ridiculous shoes. I really am one of them.
NWJR said…
"Explain to me just exactly how women walk around in heels without screaming in agony and yelling 'FUCK OFF' at everyone who crosses their path."

Practice, hon. Practice.
Gemnastics said…
Lizard. I am cold-blooded, spend most of my time lying still in warm places, and I don't say much.
DS said…
Practice! You practice. It is horrible and stupid. Horrible but they are red. I like red shoes.

I think I might be a lizard, not a vegetarian lizard, some other kind of lizard.