I strongly suspect there is a problem with my brain

Zissou telephoned midweek to say he would like to come over and bring a bottle of champagne. All manner of minor panics are scrolling across my mind. My boss suggested that I cut cucumber into jatz size pieces and top with smoked salmon, tomato and chives. This sounds quite yummy so I have purchased ingredients, chilled wine and washed the dishes.

I will spend the remaining hours reading a book and suppressing the urge to panic, run and then hide. I am hoping that The Spatula will prevent any last minute bolting attempts. It has occurred to me that this might be perfectly normal, I am hoping this is true.

Comments

Jenny Wynter said…
That does sound quite yummy! How can anything go wrong with smoked salmon in the picture?
Martin Kingsley said…
Yeah, no, seriously, take the advice of Le Boss and enjoy. Jenny and I are in total agreement on this. Have fun, you, or I'll come around and chuck a rock at your house when you aren't looking. That's the law, don'tcha know?
Shelley said…
Champagne? Goodness.
Anonymous said…
Don't panic. Or do panic but don't react to it. Ignore the walls closing in on you, disregard the voices in your head. Sit back, have a glass of champagne and don't analyse the situation.

Best wishes.
DS said…
Thank you for your excellent advice. The panic ceased with the first slicing of cucumber. The initial part of proceedings, before The Spatula returned were highly enjoyable.