Telephonic

I have spent the last hour attempting to telephone people. Not one person answered. I did not telephone Gemma as I am frightened of making her sick of me.

The horrible exhaustion has shifted through all of its usual phases but what exhaustion does not know is that I recognise its face no matter how hard it tries.

Moments ago I sent an email to Zissou. I thought he was an interesting man and it might be good to have a glass of wine with him sometime. I suggested this in an email. I have no idea what the outcome will be but I am tired of being timid. He is interesting, he obviously does not find me completely appalling so why not suggest a drink? It is myself that requires convincing. Surely it is not too odd to suggest a drink?

I require an instruction manual. Chapter five "How to communicate with a man you find interesting after you already had sex with him the first time you met him and to whom you were quite rude in the morning without meaning to be because you were suffering from a dreadful hangover". Ideally there would be example emails such as:

Dear Man with whom I have had sex, been rude to and just met,

A drink sometime would be interesting. Yes?

Dale

Comments

Shelley said…
Chances are he finds you young, charming, and every so slightly neurotic. It doesn't mean anything bad.

I think I would have sent him this: Dear Man with whom I have had sex, been rude to and just met,

A drink sometime would be interesting. Yes?

If he displayed a decent sense of humour.
DS said…
It is difficult to navigate. You are right I am neurotic, tis a shame that.
Gemnastics said…
silly, my telephone is always available for calling.

asking him to go for a drink is not a bad thing at all. i am more inclined to think it is extraordinarily usual.
Shelley said…
I have no isses with neurotics.

Also,I second Gemma - very usual.
NWJR said…
Works for me...
DS said…
And for Zissou it seems.
Maria said…
Hmmm.

Dear man with whom I have had sex, been rude to and just met, (in that order???)

I didn't mean that rude thing I said. It wasn't you. It was the sex.

A drink would be interesting. So would more sex, yes?

Dale.
Maria said…
Or perhaps,

Dear man with whom my twin sister had sex and was rude to and just met.

A drink would be interesting, yes?

Dale (as well)
DS said…
Ah, I should have thought of the twin sister thing. Too late.