Reverse treasure hunt

I have a new experiment. I imagine I am feeling the physical weight of these objects. I have carried so many things with me from house to house from life to life. This is shedding. I am taking things I no longer want or need, one at a time, and leaving them for others to find. Where I am able to I am writing daleslamma.blogspot.com on the bottom or inside, otherwise I am writing it on a tag and tying it on with string or ribbon.

It is my hope that each object might catch someone's eye, might be collected as a new treasure. I am hoping that someone who finds an object might visit here and tell me what they found and where they found it. If anyone does I will write about the object, where I got it, who I got it from and when. I'm starting small but I'll work my way up. This is my new daily task.

Comments

Shelley said…
Oooh, when I walk the streets I shall keep my eyes peeled for the things discarded by Dale.
Gemnastics said…
Yes! This is a glorious way to unload. You are making your own private book swap thingie, but with stuff.
Martin Kingsley said…
What a brilliant idea! I, too, will look out for your objects, but from afar, since you have obviously overlooked us Southerners. Understandable, but don't give me no excuses about time or distance, we all know you are the alter-ego for Super Dale, who can do anything she puts her mind to.
Gemnastics said…
yes, i am feeling left out. can you secretly post me an item?
Anonymous said…
I don't think leaving your bathmat somewhere would be a good idea. So just chuck that in the bin if you haven't already.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen said…
This is genius! Genius!!