Fuck everyone I'm becoming an executioner

Here's my fear. I think I could execute someone. I'm not saying that I want to execute someone and I definitely don't think it is a good idea but still, I'm worried. I have a rubber hard vessel lodged in my brain that makes me feel certain that I could do it.

Here's the situation. I'm wearing overalls clutching a tray loaded with the lethal injection kit I walk over to the strapped human and place the tray on a small table. I organise the equipment taking care to make sure things are in the right order. It is a simple process. Connect the human to the drugs. Stand watching the fluid flow til empty, repeat three times then listen for breathing. Nothing. It is over.

Comments

NWJR said…
You're freaking me out, man.
DS said…
You think you're freaked out. I'm the one who thinks they could possibly execute someone despite it being definitely against all of their morals and values.
DS said…
By their I mean mine. Me. Oh bloody hell I'm going mental. Am very worried about possibility of being able to execute someone.
Anonymous said…
Ha! Did you write this before I asked you not to assist in my suicide?

Weird.
Anonymous said…
Also weird will be the facial expressions of anybody reading that last comment without the benefit of context.
DS said…
I did indeed write it before the whole bogan name papercut thing was even thought of.

But if you ever did change your name then maybe I could put my executioner theory to the test.
Anonymous said…
This makes me think of the executioners in Iraq, who have been executing members of Saddam's regime over the past few years. These are experienced executioners, who have hung hundreds of people. Yet the number of cases where people have been decapitated due to excessive rope length is astounding.
"Oops! My bad!"