Hours


I went for the art but was hastened away by scenester crap. Superman saved the day with sorbet, I ordered one scoop of fig sorbet in a cup but what I got was crepes with banana, butterscotch sauce and fig sorbet. Things went from disappointing to awesome in three mouthfuls. This was exceeded by a trip to Pentimento where I asked if they had any books on extreme ironing while Superman smiled winningly over my shoulder, no such book was produced, in fact the only thing produced was a snigger but I'm fairly certain that I didn't care and all of that was yesterday.

Skip forwards, chess games and kite flying, pink lemonades, facebook and muesli, steaming mugs and rain. This afternoon Spencer paid a visit and for a short while there The Peach was hijacked by madmen with guitars at their feet, you tube under their fingers and pizzas just everywhere until Spencer had to leave for a seance and the walls stopped bulging with the shock of it all.

So now here I sit stretched and warm with tea and cigarettes. Superman's fading lights and thickening time. Self-awareness slips easily from his shoulders while I sit and he strums and sings uncovering songs that were always here. This is a house with songs in it

Comments

cath said…
Ahh. Everyone should have days like this on occasion,-adds a bit of sparkle to weary souls. Boys on guitars are a good thing,-even better if they tune them first:-)...but not always necessary.
Anonymous said…
my guitars are stars! :)