Lacuna vacuus fines

Mots sans frontières.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Even if there is such a thing, some bastard always gets there first.
Gemnastics said…
I agree that vacuous fines are lunacy, especially those without a front. Melbourne's tram inspectors are notorious for this.
Gemnastics said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gemnastics said…
i posted it twice by accident.
Anonymous said…
Per ardua ad astra.
DS said…
Driftwood,

Yes, that's the general idea, or something quite like it.
Anonymous said…
Umm... this is where my medical knowledge kicks in.

A lacunar infarct is derived from latin, meaning 'lake' right?

Sans frontieres is 'without borders'.

I'm assuming the phrases mean the same thing in Latin and French, so vacuus would be like without (I guess that makes sense), and fines would be finish.

Therefore: A lake without end?

That's as good as I can come up with. Does mots mean lake in French?
DS said…
Lacuna: holes or gaps in a manuscript

Mots: words
Gemnastics said…
Hmmmm. Here is my stab: "Holes or gaps in manuscript begone! Words without borders."

I'm sure it makes more sense than that.