Big heavy stuff(ed) sofa

The urge overtook me suddenly. I woke from a dream straight into a level ten urge for home improvement. I measured things then set out for the hardware shop but I didn't get far. Outside The Peach was a sofa, its old, faded and overstuffed and precisely the kind of thing I have been dreaming of. I knocked on The Cowboy's door and asked if he had a moment to help me carry it inside. I was worse than useless at handling the logistics of the operation so in the end Grizelda and The Cowboy were the ones cursing, puffing and sweating their way down the hall and into the library.

The Cowboy said he was playing at The Annandale tonight and ordinarily I would have gone but I'm resting my bruised and stupid self this evening on my new sofa in the library. I think its best if I stay in for the foreseeable future. I've decided I can't be trusted outside, in the real world, except for hardware shops, they seem to be ok.


Yeah that photo is a bit shit but do I look like I care?

Comments

Gosh, upholstery's handsome stuff. I should buy a couple of metres of sofa skin and make myself a dashing pair of pants.

Meanwhile, I applaud the enhousing of abandoned furniture. More power to your inner womble.
Anonymous said…
AWESOME!
cath said…
Ahhh, Newtown. I furnished an entire house like this not so long ago (and still have some of the items). Now you can (if you wish) introduce yourself to the bizarre joys of re-upholstering. You get to go to Hardware AND facbric shops.Luvly luvly. Looks v.v. comfy btw,-best make a cuppa and sit down for a long while to test it:-)
DS said…
Underground overground sofaing free.

I wish the colour of the sofa was detectable in the photograph. Colours may appear more attractive when not viewed via shitty mobile phone camera.

I would also like some money. I would like to walk outside The Peach and find a big heavy bag stuffed full of money. Firstly I would buy cat food and vegetables, then a house and some marbles, a kite, some slippers and a haircut, one burrito form Guzman and Gomez and two coffees at the cafe. I might like some cake or sorbet but I could be too full.
Grizelda said…
Never to full for free cake! yumm...
TimT said…
Great sofa, with authentic indoor mist!

Upholstery in the Mist - coming to a living room near you!
DS said…
I installed the mist just yesterday, I think it adds a certain something to my atmosphere.
TimT said…
Do you use a mist machine? You could have an impromptu on-top-of-the-couch rock opera, complete with air guitar performed by flatmates.
TimT said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
DS said…
A genuine Person of Rock like myself has no need for 'machines'. If I need some mist it simply appears, such is the power of Rock.