Stranger dreams

Last night I had stranger dreams. I pulled myself off the floor and into sleep by 8:30pm. I had all the blankets and the electric blanket turned up high yet I shivered and slept and shivered. I woke between nations as I travelled in my sleep. I was fixing the world one city at a time by heating things with my electric blanket.

My bed swept across sands and through cities, some shining like a national guitar and some crumbling under my fingers like paper pasted glue. The heat was necessary. I was fixing the world one city at time with my electric blanket until I woke at 8:30am with The Spatula at my bedroom door giving me a wake up call.

There was something elemental in the need for heat. Burning out fevers and riding storms. I'm thinking I'm going to need a white nightgown with a high lace collar.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Mississippi Delta...