Table strangers

I've been holed up in here stinking of shit and vomit. It hasn't been a choice. I've been shitting and vomiting, at the same time. The first time it took me by surprise and I had no choice but to vomit on the floor between my feet. The next time I was ready and brought along a bucket, so it continued through the night and into the next day. Each time I was left shaking, drenched with sweat and stinking worse than I had before until eventually I could sleep in fitful bursts of an hour or so.

I've been waiting on kindness but ended up with strangers. The Peachettes are both on holiday in Queensland and nobody else is anywhere that I can see. I telephoned a few key people just to let the world know that I was having a problem here, they were kind but the hallway is dark here tonight and nobody has phoned to see if I'm still alive.

Before all of this vomiting began I put an ad up on gumtree for a table I want to sell, this evening I've been replying to people who've emailed to enquire about the table telling them I'll get back to them in a few days because I have food poisoning. The emails sent in reply were instantaneous and plentiful so I'm sitting here consoling myself with table strangers, its much worse than nobody at all.

Comments

cath said…
Wow. Simultaneous vomit-monster visit. I feel for you,-truly. Four days for me and still queasy (though it may just be from the memory of recent events).
DS said…
Wretched. Would be better that vomiting was never invented.
Anonymous said…
oi i have thursday off - if ya feel the need for company let me know

and i have the new album

spencer
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gemnastics said…
Oh no, being sick alone is the worst. The worst! I encourage you to save all future sicknesses for December when I will be in town. Drink as much water as you can, and if you have started eating again make sure it's bland food, like plain boiled rice with a bit of soy sauce, or plain porridge.
Anonymous said…
I have been in pain and haemorrhaging variously "processed" foodstuffs from both ends alone in a non-English speaking country on the seventeenth floor of an apartment, so my sympathies and empathies are with you.
DS said…
Sympathies and advice much appreciated. Am attempting to eat very plain things indeed and am much cheered after Spencer came round for a little visit.
DS said…
Oh hang on. When in December will you be in Sydney Gemma???